Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Live 8 Concert

I have to say this is a joke. Seems like some African's aren't impressed by this latest circus, a well intentioned circus to be sure, but to me it looks to be designed to make first world liberals feel good about themselves. I can see the Boomer's kids wearing T-Shirts with "My Parents Went to Barrie to End African Poverty and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt".

In 1985 Bob Geldof pulled of a similar spectacle called Live Aid with over $141,000,000 being raised to help alleviate the famine in Ethiopia. Looks like the it didn't last. But Sir Bob isn't giving up. He wants to forgive the debt of African countries and then double the aid to them. Great idea Bob!

Without the end of corruption and the installation of good governance in those African countries the only winners from Sir Bob's latest circus will be the Wabenzi. A good take on this over at Samizidata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home