Friday, April 08, 2005

Will The Sheep Look Up?

I was dismayed when after the last federal election the Liberals were again returned to power. It amazed me that the sheep in Ontario voted for the Liberals and that was the only reason they were able to cling to power. I despaired for the future of my country as it looked like the sheep in Ontario would continue to return the Liberals to power no matter how corrupt, arrogant or incompetent they were.

I felt, that by the time the sheep did look up, it would be too late for the future of my country. The sheep would only look up when they smelt the blood on the slaughterhouse floor and by then it would be to late and we would be on our way to becoming the Argentina of the North.

Now thanks to the Gomery Inquiry we might see the sheep look up now and the future direction of my country may not be so bleak. Time will tell. Of course the Sheep Dogs in the Canadian Mainstream Media will still try to ride herd on the sheep for the Liberals. But now there is an alternative voice available to the citizens of Canada. Blogs have entered the political consciousness of Canada as they have in the US. Why even my local paper has a story on blogs. It will be interesting if the upcoming UK election will be the coming out party for political bloggers in England.

A bit of local musical trivia. A band called Sheep Look Up used to play in London back in eighties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home