Thursday, October 13, 2005

This is Funny

The October 13th edition of the National Post carried an ad on page A12 placed by CBC Radio for their World Report show. There is a big quote in the top of the ad attributed to a CBC Radio Fan and it reads.

"We have only one unbiased voice in Canada, and it is the CBC."

Now that made me chuckle but I doubt the ad is meant to be satirical. What an interesting glimpse into the mindset at the CBC. The leftward bias in the CBC is such the norm that the inhabitants are no more aware of it than a fish is aware of the water it swims in.

For a critical view of the CBC and it's bias go here. I think the CBC needs to go and look up term Ethnocentrism. I know when I was introduced to the term in my first year anthropology course it was a thought provoking moment for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think the Marxist mavens at the CBC might want to look up the term "self-awareness", too. Nothing like the bracing tonic of self-examination, eh?

Keep on 'em, John! Every tax-payer clearly voicing his disgust at the blinkered biases of the Mother Corps turns up the volume that much more on the call for their demise.

Ciao for now.

(FYI: just linked to you on my blog.)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home